Sunday, August 31, 2014

New Life is Starting...Now

The past couple of days I have been at college orientation! It's consisted of meeting tons of people (and then forgetting most of their names two seconds later), adjusting to living in a dorm, and getting a feel for the campus. So far, it's been really great! Everyone here is extremely friendly, which definitely makes things more comfortable. It's pretty crazy to think I'm actually in California away from everything I'm used to. There are students who are here from all over the country and even different parts of the world! I can't wait to post more once classes start and I get more of a set schedule established for myself. 
My roommate and I are in love with our dorm room so here are a few photos! We coordinated our colors and some of our decor, too.






For any college student who hasn't moved into their dorm yet, there's a few things I would suggest. 
1. Make your bed comfortable! My bed has about three layers of padding and down comforters which is so nice, especially to have a comfortable place that feels closer to home. 
2. Talk to your roommate before move in day to coordinate who is bringing shared items such as a mini fridge, microwave, TV, Keurig, and all that good stuff.
3. STORAGE! Under your bed is the ideal place for all of the things you won't be using daily. Just buy a few containers from target and label them with what you will be storing. 
4. Have everything organized now, so you know where everything of yours is and aren't overwhelmed when classes start. (your desk, clothes, snacks, bathroom necessities...)
If anybody would like to know my address to mail something, let me know and I'd be happy to give it to you.

Oh yeah... tomorrow is Labor Day, so have a fantastic day off! Thanks for reading xx 

"Life is pure adventure, and the sooner we realize that, the quicker we will be able to treat life as art." -Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment