Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Make at Home Chai Tea Latte

What you'll need: 
-Chai tea bag
-Vanilla almond milk
-Vega one vanilla protein powder
-Cinnamon
-Nutmeg 
-And a mug of course! 

This healthy drink is great in the morning, before or after a workout, for a snack, before bed, heck-any time you want this, go right ahead and make it. 

What you need to do:
1. Warm 1/4 to 1/2 cup of vanilla almond milk on the stove.
2. Stir in a spoonful of protein powder, a dash of nutmeg, and a sprinkle of cinnamon to the almond milk while the heat is still on.  
3. Brew your chai tea. I just use the Keurig for hot water-small cup-and put the tea bag in after. 
4. Pour in the vanilla mixture and tea into your mug, stir up, and...
5. Enjoy! 

This is really easy, healthy, and delicious! I include vanilla protein for an added bonus; it gives you protein for one, keeps you full, and brings out a vanilla flavor. I always recommend adding or revising recipes with something you like, because most of the time you can't really go wrong. 
my Chai Tea Latte featuring my new book on a rainy morning 
True story: sometimes I question what I'm doing with my life every time I give the cashier my card for a $5 drink at a coffee shop. Don't get me wrong, they are always a pick me up and sometimes you really need it (really want it). But there are times when it's easy to make a similar drink yourself and enjoy it from the comfort of your home (without having to leave). And, you can make probably 10 of these for the cost of one $5 drink! 
Happy sipping friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment