Wednesday, October 8, 2014

DIY Memory Box

A DIY project is coming your way and it's all about an organized place to put photographs, letters, special receipts, and memories of times you wouldn't want to forget. This idea came to me because I've been getting the sweetest letters from friends and family, taking a few polaroid photos, and having adventures that I like to write about on the back of receipts. I decided I should definitely have one of these memory boxes for the first semester of college. By storing these things in a small box, they will always have a place so you can look back and reminisce.
What you'll need:
Scrapbook paper
Ribbon
Flowers
Glue
Scissors
Stickers
An old magazine
A shoebox/clothing box/photo box


After a trip to Micheals, I had all the necessary supplies to make my own memory box. I cut up the scrapbook paper to cover only the middle section of the box, then decorated the rest with the other supplies. The top of my box includes the name of my college. Whatever your memory box is for, make sure you write the title and year! For example, if you'd like to make a memory box from Summer 2014, be sure to include that on top. The sides of this box have magazine clippings of words I cut out that I feel relate to college, which is just a little detail that makes the box more decorative. After everything was glued onto the box, I put cards, photos, and letters in it and it's now stored right by my desk. 
I can't wait to start making these for more major events in life...summer, vacations, birthday presents! If you decide to make one of these memory boxes, please send me a picture, I'd LOVE to see.




"Leave the world a little better than you found it." -Robert Stephenson Smyth Baden-Powell 

No comments:

Post a Comment