Thursday, November 20, 2014

Lovely Reads for Girls

This time of year makes me want to curl up in a huge cozy blanket and read a great book. These are my favorite books I've read during the past couple of months. They are empowering, inspiring, and humorous; all written by women who are sharing a part of their story while staying true to themselves. I recommend them to all girls! Reading about other's lives is so refreshing. These 5 women have chased a dream in one way or another and have inspired me in different ways. Happy reading!

1. I Am Malala; Malala Yousafzai
Malala's unbelievable story is unlike anything I've ever read. This is the story of a seventeen year old's strong advocacy for female education. She is the youngest person ever to receive the Nobel Peace Prize.

2. #GIRLBOSS; Sophia Amoruso 
Sophia Amoruso is the ultimate #girlboss. An empowering and real book written by the CEO of Nasty Gal. It's full of fantastic quotes and it'll leave you feeling like you can conquer the world.

3. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (and other concerns); Mindy Kaling
I picked up this book at Barnes and Noble to read the first page and I was laughing out loud from the first paragraph. It's a quick, fun, and easy read that is relatable to girls!

4. Not That Kind of Girl; Lena Dunham
Lena Dunham describes parts of her life, ranging from college to relationships to food, in a completely honest way. It's refreshing and different from what I expected upon reading.

5. IT; Alexa Chung
This isn't quite a novel but I look at it more as a visual inspiration. IT is full of Alexa Chung's favorite things and of course everything is lovely and charming. A fabulous read for fashion-and Alexa Chung-lovers.




 "With freedom, books, flowers, and the moon, who could not be happy?" -Oscar Wilde 

No comments:

Post a Comment