Thursday, April 9, 2015

h a p p i n e s s

I was sitting at my desk in my dorm and looked up at the bulletin board that has my jewelry, photo booth pictures, post cards, and inspiring words tacked on. About a year ago, I wrote a list of the things that make me happiest. After reading it again I actually felt happier and a sense of comfort so I thought I would share. There's a number of things that I'm now adding to the list (macarons, when my dog kisses and jumps on me after I've been away, good vibes at farmer's markets...), too! If you are feeling down or have a few minutes, make a list to remind you of the best things in your life.
The Best Things in Life..
-diving under a salty wave
-making someone smile
-coffee shops on rainy days
-California fog
-your stomach dropping on a roller coaster
-laughing uncontrollably
-the smell of fall
-getting an A on a test
-being told you impacted somebody
-having your back scratched
-walking barefoot on main street
-your plane landing at your destination
-giant acai fruit bowls
-surprises that make you smile
-friends who truly care
-sleeping with tons of pillows & blankets
-driving with the windows down when it feels
like the whole world is sleeping
-dreaming of traveling
-heart to heart conversations
-having your mom as your best friend
-helping someone just because
-banana creme pie
-when all of your family is together
-cozy sweaters
-not worrying about the time
-reading life changing books
-Christmas morning

"Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases from being shared." -Buddha 

No comments:

Post a Comment