Saturday, January 17, 2015

A Smoothie for You

Good morning all you lovelies. Morning means breakfast and breakfast makes me happy. It's the best meal of the day! Smoothie bowls are such a pretty food and completely healthy, call me obsessed. After scrolling on the Free People Blog, I found a delicious recipe for a smoothie bowl. Lee Tilgham's website is filled with bright, healthy fruits that inspired me to make a smoothie bowl and share this post. I did't use all of the exact ingredients as the recipe called for (I saw the price for Goji Berries at Whole Foods and thought better not) however, I don't think the taste is much different. You can check out www.leefromamerica.com for more healthy and gorgeous recipes! I particularly loved making this smoothie bowl because it's all ingredients that you probably have at home or can go grab at your local market, if needed. Treat yourself right, give your body nourishing foods that will leave you glowing all day!


Smoothie Bowl
Blend: 
2 frozen bananas 
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1/2 cup almond milk 
A sprinkle of cinnamon 

Toppings: 
1/2 banana 
Spoonful of chia seeds
Handful of blackberries 
Handful of blueberries
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup granola 




"Try to learn to breathe deep, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell. And when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough." -Ernest  Hemmingway

No comments:

Post a Comment