Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Messy Kitchen // 5 ingredient banana bites

Bliss balls, energy bites, no-bake energy balls, call them what you please - I see them everywhere now! After seeing another picture of delicious healthy bites on Instagram, I knew it was time to make them myself. I've made something like this before but wanted to try again with new ingredients. I didn't follow a specific recipe but instead just threw together some bananas, dates, oats, almond butter, and chopped almonds. Only 5 ingredients, all good for you (and your tastebuds). Unfortunately, my banana bites didn't come out quite as I expected, or as pretty as the pictures of others I've seen. It was a little difficult to get the bites to stay into balls, so next time-or if you try this out- more oats will be needed I'm thinkin'. My hands got pretty dang messy as I rolled the dough with my hands. What fun is cooking or baking if you don't make a mess though? The good news is they tasted great and I also froze a few to see how those one's will turn out! I'll get 'em down and even tastier next time (or just read an actual recipe). As for now, my banana bites are a great little snack or energy boost for any time of the day. I know what will be accompanying my breakfast tomorrow morning...
Recipe for my Messy Banana Bites:
1/2 cup rolled oats- this is what I used, however, recommend using 1 cup!
6 dates- remove pits if needed, chop into small pieces, and let soak in water for 5 minutes
2 bananas-mush together in bowl using a spoon
Handful of almonds- chop into thirds or halves (about 1/4 of a cup)
2 spoonfuls of almond butter
Mix all together in a medium sized bowl, roll into small balls, and refrigerate! Add something of your own that you love to the mix, try it out!
Update: I just tasted a frozen one and it tastes like a sweet banana dessert! A bit like banana bread, a bit like a peanut butter frozen banana. MMMM!




"If you never did, you should. These things are fun and fun is good." -Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment